Updated: Oct 19, 2021
It's magically delicious....
The bones and tendons of organic chicken or beef (aprox 2 lbs)
8-10 cups of water
1/4 cup chopped ginger
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp black cumin
1 tbsp sea salt
1. You will need a slow cooker for this recipe and the broth can be made overnight.
2. Place the above ingredients into the slow cooker.
3. Turn your slow cooker on high for about 3 hours until the broth starts to simmer then reduce your slow cooker to low heat and continue cooking for another 16 hours over night. This allows the bones to soften and the nutrients to come out of the bones and into the broth.
4. After simmering on low overnight, the broth is ready. Carefully strain out all the bones and other contents leaving you with a nutritious, beautiful broth.
5. I recommend adding a tbsp of coconut oil and 1/3 tsp grey sea salt per 1 cup serving of bone broth for taste. You can also use the broth to make a healthy soup by adding in fresh vegetable and chopped chicken.
6. Keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and freeze the rest.
Bone broth contain collagen (great for cellulite, skin and intestinal repair), as well as 12 grams of protein per cup and many nutrients that heal your gut and your body!